There are many issues related to wind farms. Some are scientific; some are political; some are disputed. reVOLT will be adding material to this section over time, but has sought initially to provide as factual and unemotional an overview as possible of the main issues. If you don’t have much time, you might want to go to our FAQs section!
This is by no means a comprehensive list, but provides a summary of the most significant issues as we see them:
- Health concerns relating to noise, low frequency vibration, flicker and proximity to housing
- Job losses due to impact on tourism & other businesses
- Visual impact on landscape
- Impact on house values
- Local opinion and democracy being side-stepped
- Where next? – setting precedents for further development in the area
- Impact on heritage assets in the area
- Government subsidies to the wind farm industry
- Is wind energy viable?
- Is RWE’s public consultation process adequate?
- Environmental impact
See our Frequently Asked Questions for further information and factual answers about how this proposed wind farm is likely to affect YOU.