- The turbines being proposed for the Temple Hill wind farm are 126.5m in height from base to blade tip, with a hub height of 84m. HOW BIG?!
- The blade diameter of these turbines is 82m (a jumbo jet wingspan is 60m)
- Low evening sun projects a shadow around 4 times the turbine height (i.e. 506m)
- Industrial structures this big carry aircraft warning (red) lights
- Sound from a wind turbine can be:
- Tonal: discrete frequencies such as wind flow over a hole or edge
- Broadband: the characteristic “swishing” or “whooshing”
- Impulsive: thumping caused by the interaction of blades with disturbed air flow around the turbine tower(s)
- The higher the towers, the further the noise will carry. Watch and listen here.